Domestic Violence & Abuse Lawyer in Eugene, Oregon
Domestic abuse and domestic violence takes place in intimate relationships in every community in Oregon, regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic class, age or sexual orientation. Domestic violence typically involves an attempt by one person in a relationship to use physical, emotional, sexual, and economic abuse to obtain power and control over the other person.
A pattern of domestic abuse or intimate partner violence usually increases over time and, without intervention, can become more destructive and even deadly in the most extreme circumstances. Domestic abuse, domestic violence, and intimate partner violence in Oregon encompasses the following issues:
- Assault, battery, physical abuse and the threat of physical force
- Child abuse and child protection issues
- Elder abuse involving elderly family members and vulnerable adults
- Financial control and economic abuse
- Restraining orders and child custody
- Sexual abuse and sexual assault
- Stalking and no contact orders
- Temporary custody orders and parenting time orders
- Verbal and emotional abuse
For further information about domestic abuse, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, restraining orders, and child custody in Oregon please contact us today.